cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 1 gig - speed dropping and random disconnects

johndm
Superfast

Web capture_13-4-2022_82833_speedtest.samknows.com.jpegRequesting mod assistance please

New 1 gig service not reliable, keeps dropping to 94mbps with random internet disconnects.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

While you are waiting 94Mbps sounds like you're either using a CAT5 cable, a broken cable, or the device in question only has a 10/100 Ethernet Port. 

Err no, all link speeds 1000/1000, had a faultless 500 service, now with 1 gig and hub 4 speed keeps crashing, possible hub 4 firmware fault

13.04.2022 09.15am.jpegSpeed stayed at 94 so disconnected ethernet lead from hub4 to my router (hub4 in modem mode). did a power cycle and re connected ethernet.

This is a huge problem as my wife works from home logged into 4 different remote systems and the random brief disconnects followed by a speed reduction (but not always)  cause her to lose work and time.

Urgent assistance would be appreciated

Hi there @johndm, thanks for your post.

Sorry to see of the issues you are having with your internet speeds and disconnections.

I can see you have spoken with the team since posting this, were they able to help resolve this for you?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, yeah spent some time on chat to see what they said.

The Tech suggested that he had made some adjustments to my connection, but was surprised when he suggested I should not rely on this forum for information despite me saying it was an official Virgin forum? 

Just read this issue is still being investigated as I am not alone, many others having the same problem.

I am monitoring carefully, will post again with any further results 🙂

Just had a disconnect and speed drop to 94mbps again after 4 days. This is becoming a real issue as my wife works from home and has to be connected to remote servers which drop when this happens resulting in data loss

Thanks for the reply @johndm, sorry to see you saw the same drop out on Sunday.

When you spoke with the technician did he advise exactly what had been adjusted on their end?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, it’s been dropping every 2 to three days. Had another 2 hours on chat, tech again told me he was ‘sending signals to my hub’ and to monitor for 72 hours. I explained I’ve already done that, tried to explain that this might me a hub4 port issue as mention by others on here, and could I try  a hub5, but he said no and insisted on sending an engineer who is coming later today.

It’s  dropped to 94 again this morning, so will leave as it is for engineer to see.

last time it crashed all I did was move my Ethernet cable to another port on the hub 4 and speed was restored (I use hub4 in modem mode and my own router)

Engineer arrived, and I briefed him on the situation. He swapped out the hub 4 for another, so we will see how thing go. Would like to share some details privately please on message please.

There is another thread running with Kath F