cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modem /solar problem

ronjo94
On our wavelength

Hi all. I have just had a replacement hub 3 modem fitted and this has a different network name. I can log in to all of my appliances except for 1. This is the monitoring system for my solar panels. I therefore need to change the details in the wifi dongle on the panels inverter. No one at virgin has been able to assist me so far. Anyone with solar panels will know how essential it is to be able do this  and I was hoping that one of you brilliant panelists might be able to help.Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ronjo94  It may be easier just to change the network name (SSID) and password on the replacement Hub3 to the ones used on the old Hub3.  That way you don't need to change the solar panel settings.

You will of course need to change the other connected devices back to the old settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick scan of YouTube suggests you do this through the relevant manufacturer app. 

Alternatively you could get a cheap WiFi router, stick the hub in modem mode and rename the current hub Ssid and password back to the old one. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ronjo94  It may be easier just to change the network name (SSID) and password on the replacement Hub3 to the ones used on the old Hub3.  That way you don't need to change the solar panel settings.

You will of course need to change the other connected devices back to the old settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ronjo94
On our wavelength
Thanks Graham, Late yesterday I had virgin change the network name back to the original but I was then unable to login at all using any password previously used. Also the signal was lower than the original. I did not list all that had been tried over the past two days but a lot had been tried (including the people from the solar system set up). In all I spent nearly 3 hrs frustrating hours on the phone to Virgin yesterday. And at the last they had me do the pin reset which put me back to where I was two days ago. Thanks anyway

ronjo94
On our wavelength
Thanks Cardiffman, one of the first things was to contact the manufacturer (Fox-ess) but they had not come across this before and at the moment it's stalemate with them and I am hoping they might find the answer. However It's back to Virgin tomorrow fow another try. Thanks