cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi randomly disconnecting, now all Virgin services down

DavidO2
Joining in

Although my grandparents own our account, I'm writing this through an account I created to access the forums, as they do not know how to do so, so the accounts may be separate. 

Over the past few weeks our wifi has been inconsistent, constantly disconnecting and unreliable- and now, all Virgin services have gone down completely and we can't even get a TV signal. We have called 6 times in the past couple weeks, yet no one has sent an engineer to come take a look, and even worse, 5/6 times the Virgin employee on the other end of the call hasn't believed us, and has always said that the connection is fine or just put the phone down and told us to plug it out and back in again. We are not being listened to at all, and at this point we hardly have another option other than to cancel our contract, as no one from Virgin will listen to us- are we just going to be left with broken wifi despite us paying full price?

The only time we have been remotely listened to is once, when the person on the phone mentioned that 25% of the people in our area are having the issue, but didn't elaborate much more. On the postcode checker it states our area is fine, but he said it's not- which one is it? Furthermore, the person on the phone stated they don't even know what's wrong in our area or how to even fix it. 

If this continues we will genuinely be forced to end our contract, so if anyone can get into contact with me it'd be much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...

Are there any “known network faults being reported - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

Faults may not be listed on the Area Status web page. Areas are not Geographic” they are "legacy billing" areas) and as such that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers across the country. So 0800 may give you more info, on local issues - but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for letting me know about that number- I called and it said they're aware of the issue etc, and that it's expected to be fixed by tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to wait!

I will update if the issue persists and hopefully someone from Virgin can help me out in that case. Cheers!

Unfortunately we are still without any Virgin services- still no WiFi or TV. It was meant to be fixed by 4pm, but now when I call the line it just states "as soon as possible". I have seen online that people have gone many many weeks without getting anything done about issues like this, so it's very worrying to say the least. 

Is anyone from Virgin able to provide an update on what happened to getting this fixed? 

Another update: the phone number now fails to acknowledge that there's any issue at all, yet the same issues remain. 

Hi DavidO2,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

We'd love to take a look in to things but as you've mentioned you're posting on your grandparents behalf, we would like to ensure we are locating them correctly on our systems. We will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs