cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods

kylefarrant
Tuning in

Any advice on how you can get wifi pods for free and how to order? I've tried on the phone and just get disconnected...

Our wifi doesn't reach our bedroom or kitchen as old house with thicker walls, and I can't get the virgin media connect app to find my router to do a blackspot check... 

We get less than 20mps in certain parts of the house yet 280-300mbps in the room with the hub!

Any help welcome 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kylefarrant 

See the following page for details, including  how to order online via My Virgin Media or through the Connect app

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

You can also call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks! Looks like it'll be a charge for me then. 😔

Hey @kylefarrant, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Wi-Fi 😞
Some of our package do include a Wi-Fi pod as a free add-on and others don't.
You may wish to speak to the team regarding your package to see if you're able to get a package which has it included, you can do this on 0345 454 1111.

Regarding the Wi-Fi itself, are you able to move the Virgin Media hub itself?
You may wish to check here for tips and improvements on Wi-Fi.

Let us know how you get along.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs