cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi working but not all devices connecting.

SDale
Joining in

We have recently moved home and wanted to leave virgin due to the shocking connectivity and even worse customer service at our old house however were told that we were tied in to contract. We were forced into keeping virgin at new house else had to pay £hundreds. We upgraded our package to fibre to ensure better service and we were assured that we would no longer experience any connectivity issues. First week was *great* (although installation guy didn't tell us our new number or leave us a cable to plug our phone into the router), we thought our internet troubles were over. Now Second week in and for some reason whilst the WiFi appears to be on most (not all) of the time, our devices keep dropping out including TVs, mobile phones, laptops and more worryingly home security devices. As expected Virgin customer services rubbish, wasting time... Seem to ID short term fixes that never last. A quick Google leads me to think it's to do with number of devices (but hey, that's normal now isn't it?), and potentially a WiFi bandwidth issue. Does anyone else recognise this or have a fix /solution to suggest

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its quite common for the Hub3 to have poor wifi in busier households, its not worth your time trying to make it work, your really going to have to invest in your own router or mesh system to get good wifi service

Thanks @jb66, apparently it's the router version 4. They're going to send out some kind of additional booster or whatever, they've assured me this will sort the device issue out...do you happen to know if that solution will be better than the v3?

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
When i got the 4 I found it to be better than the 3 with the exception of all my alexas, kept dropping.

No issues with my own router

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are they sending you a Pod?

However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

If not… you will be charged £5/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.