cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi switching itself off

alip
On our wavelength

WiFi suddenly stopped working this evening.

Logged on to the router - and it's disabled itself. I have re-enabled several times, but the setting isn't holding.

Any suggestions? And please don't say reset - I'm resetting this hub approximately every 48 hours!

13 REPLIES 13

alip
On our wavelength

And it's back after a hard-reset. At least I know the sequence now... change the settings password, close the browser window (it says the hub is ready but it's not!), give it a minute or so, go back in, change the WiFi settings. Problem is, I can do this but I'll have to teach the rest of the family how in case it goes when I'm away!

alip
On our wavelength

And that was the shortest "up" time. I didn't even get back into the living room. Rebooted the hub (twice) to get it back. This isn't funny.

Hi @alip 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry it's still happening. You'll need an engineer visit and a possible change of hub. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @alip 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you. Just to update the thread, a replacement hub has seemingly fixed this. 

I have also ordered you returns packaging to return the old faulty one to us. Just pop a note inside the packaging with the hub when it arrives saying faulty if you would please.

This will be with you in 14 days maximum. 

Please do pop back to the community should you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill