cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod Connection not working

JohnLuc
Tuning in

Good Afternoon

Can some one help me please I recently downgraded my account. I am now on 500mg volt package instead 1Tg Volt package. Customer service have sent me a new wifi pod.

I installed as per the instructions and it doesn't work it just has the white flashing all the time. I have tried it several locations as well. Lost count how many time I have rebooted the hub, tried using the app it just freezes saying  Link Complete this shouldn't take much longer been like that for over two hours.

Phoned customers services and the lady tells me it is working with the white light flashing but the instructions that came with it tells me the light should go off.

Please can anyone help me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You say they sent you a new Pod - that implies you had one before on 1GB - do you still have it and does it still work if you connect it.

Also, See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods and see if anything helps. It may be that the new pod isnt activated onto your account properly yet

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You say they sent you a new Pod - that implies you had one before on 1GB - do you still have it and does it still work if you connect it.

Also, See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods and see if anything helps. It may be that the new pod isnt activated onto your account properly yet

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Thank you for your reply you are correct I still have the old pod, but it stopped working when I downgraded, I phone customer services about this and they sent me a replacement.

How do I know if it is activated on my account.

Many thanks I will check the thread as advised.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I would try the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub and Poid serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number - and see what they say.

Also, see message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods

--------------------
John
--------------------