cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi boosters needed?

ANNELIESEB
Joining in

Just got an email about guaranteed speed of 20mbps and my WiFi is not doing that. Does anyone know how to claim the free boosters? 

18 REPLIES 18

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...
_________

Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. Its now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Cheers - I got an email saying I'd been upgraded and ran a speed test at my desk and was no where near the 20 mark.... Hopefully VM will sort me out with some boosters. Thanks again. 

padcontrol
Dialled in

So are the WiFi pods compatibile with the Hub 5 now or still no?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @padcontrol 

The wifi pod is working fine with my hub 5.

However, once you receive the pod(s) you should be aware of the following requirements for the pods to work with any of the VM hubs.

The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
Channel Optimisation must be left on
The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
The SSID must be password protected
The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Did you get you boosters 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timukbaker,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and your query.

Are you looking to get some of our WiFi Pods? If so, you can give our team a call directly on 0800 064 3850 to place your first order.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

timukbaker
Tuning in

Yes I am I will try that number most other times I call I get directed to the internet which is a bit of an oxymoron as that is the issue in 50% of my house.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timukbaker,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please give the team a call and they'll be able to assist. If you're having any other issues, we'll be happy to help further. 😊 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

timukbaker
Tuning in

Well doubt this wii work

2 then 3 then 1 

then agree postcode 1

1 to say virgin media

3 then 4 offered taping a link to get all help I need. Hmm 10mins and waiting.