cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi Hub 3 router

Dalzelji
Joining in

Hi
Got an issue with my Virgin Wi-Fi hub 3.  Constant red light on the hub.  Have phoned call center several times only to be informed that the hub is working fine.
I have rebooted and switched on and off the unit on many occasion's

However at busy periods during the evenings the Wi-Fi runs slow and the TV picture breaks up with interference. Unable to watch.  I am currently paying over £120 a month for this service.  Would appreciate any help to resolve.

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder

If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dalzelji wrote:

Hi
Got an issue with my Virgin Wi-Fi hub 3.  Constant red light on the hub.  Have phoned call center several times only to be informed that the hub is working fine.
I have rebooted and switched on and off the unit on many occasion's

However at busy periods during the evenings the Wi-Fi runs slow and the TV picture breaks up with interference. Unable to watch.  I am currently paying over £120 a month for this service.  Would appreciate any help to resolve.

If you are referring to the live TV picture breaking up with interference, then that is broadcast over the cabling and not via the internet.

Picture intererference such as breaking up may be due to a wrongly seated or faulty HDMI cable or HDMI port, although it's usually a signal problem and doesn't affect all channels.

Are there any known issues? Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. THis can sometimes result in replacemnt boxes or hubs, or a tech appointment.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages. You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

As advised by @lotharmat call 150 from a VM landline/mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone - select option 2 (faults) and ignore any promps to run tests etc, and then report both the hub and TV issues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Dalzelji,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L