cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my pod stop me from using the connect app???

Bigboybutler
On our wavelength

Hi there, I have a WiFi pod because the WiFi routers are rubbish. Now when I use the connect app to search for blackspots it is saying that I have a non compatible WiFi device installed. Can anyone help please? I've had enough of these problems with this naff WiFi!!! TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bigboybutler, thanks for the reply. All you would need to do is switch the hub off at the wall, wait 2 minutes then switch it back on. Once done let us know if the issue persists. ^Chris

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM have been promising Hub 4 (and pod) compatibility with the Connect app for the better part of two years.  It will arrive, some day.  So for the time being I'm afraid you may as well delete the Connect app.  In terms of black spot searching, the wireless signal strength bars on your phone's wifi symbol use the same circuitry and are as effective. 

Personally I long ago abandoned VM's patchy wifi offer and replaced it with a mesh wifi setup that has been faultless ever since, but spending your own money on wifi gear isn't for everybody, particularly when VM's boastful marketing is forever prattling on about "our best ever wifi".  When you stop and think about that though, "our best ever wifi" can be completely true for "we still offer rubbish wifi, just not as pants as our previous offer".

Thanks for your help. I will look into that. If you have any pointers I would be keen to hear how you've done it.

So is it the internet that's rubbish or just the WiFi hub? I know my 5 yr old BT hub was giving me better WiFi signal round the house, even though I was on a lower internet speed with BT!

Im glad I'm not the only one who thinks VM internet is pants...

The wifi performance of VM hubs has been notorious for years, and various other ISPs offer more capable hubs.  If you're not in a fixed term contract, switching ISP is an option.

If you decide you want to stay with VM and accept the need to spend money, then I'd currently recommend a TP-Link Deco M4 or S4 system (but not the E4) which would be about £100 for a three unit system.  I'm using a two unit Deco M4.  There's plenty of choice in the market if you'd rather go with another make, but TP-Link have hit a sweet spot of decent price and technical competence.  More money buys more bells and whistles, only you'll know if that makes sense for you.  Best performance will be with the hub in modem mode, but you configure the first Deco unit with the hub in normal router mode, then change the hub to modem mode, and with only the first Deco connected to the hub, turn everything off and then on again.    

Buy from an online retailer and you've got at least 14 days to return the kit if you decide it doesn't do what you want (I think it's a month with the big A)

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bigboybutler,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your broadband service at the moment! I can understand that this must be quite stressful.

I was able to locate your account and I can see that there are some issues going on with your Hub at the moment. Before we look into this further, can you please reboot your Hub, as I can see that it has not been rebooted in a while. 

If your issues persist, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

How would I do this?

Hi Bigboybutler, thanks for the reply. All you would need to do is switch the hub off at the wall, wait 2 minutes then switch it back on. Once done let us know if the issue persists. ^Chris