cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to move hub location

Crisps18
Joining in

Hi I have a virgin tv box in one room and virgin hub in another room can I simply not touch the fibre cables and just swap the boxes over from one another or is there something different in the cable connection and will require an engineer to come out and swap it over for me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Crisps18 thanks for your reply.

I wouldn't deactivate any of the wall plates without a technician's help on this, but of course you can simply try to put the the Hub and TV Box in position of the other - the worst case scenario is that simply they won't work, as long as you leave the plates where they are.

However, if you would require a technician's assistance with this, please don't hesitate to message back on here - I can help to arrange this for you and it would be subject to a £25 call-out charge.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In theory you should just be able to swap them over. If there is an attenuator on the cable feeding the Hub take that with the Hub and cable and just try it in the other room - same with the V6

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Finally got round to start moving and I've noticed there's a powered white box on the wall near my hub would that need to be moved as well with my hub or can I just leave that where it is?

Hi @Crisps18 thanks for your reply.

I wouldn't deactivate any of the wall plates without a technician's help on this, but of course you can simply try to put the the Hub and TV Box in position of the other - the worst case scenario is that simply they won't work, as long as you leave the plates where they are.

However, if you would require a technician's assistance with this, please don't hesitate to message back on here - I can help to arrange this for you and it would be subject to a £25 call-out charge.

Many thanks

Tom_W