cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless Virgin media

NeoTheOne
Joining in

Sitting streaming a movie and the broadband cuts out. Dialled 150 to check service status because webpage won’t load using the Virgin Mobile 4G connection which has a factual speed nearer to 56kbps.  Get told the services are being upgraded in the area and the broadband is affected.  Won’t be back on until 6am.  Automated msg asks me to input my mobile number so they can send a link via text which will provide updates.  Receive txt msg and click link.  Wont load, get the usual OOps something went wrong page! Luckily the internet has come back on temporarily which is allowing me to type this. So currently I have 3 Virgin Mobile contracts which haven’t worked since the service piggy backed on to O2 a few months ago.  Virgin couldn’t solve the issue so following through with CSASS as a last resort. No the broadband has gone to sh*t as well. I’ve already ordered 3 new sims on Vodafone so I’ll be cancelling my virgin mobile contracts tomorrow and porting my numbers over. Been with this inept lot for over 10 years and I must say the service is non existent and has been getting worse with each passing year. I think its high time I ditch this lot for a different broadband service provider as well. The only problem I have is that there isn’t another provider in the area which can offer the speed i’m looking for. Unfortunately im stuck with this lot for a while longer. Virgin = inept. 

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @NeoTheOne
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection and mobile internet speeds. What have you been advised, when reporting your connection issues to the team?

Have you had any updates on the issues that you raised with CISAS?

Regards,

Steven_L

I’ve ported my numbers to a different provider. Virgin couldn’t do anything

Hi NeoTheOne, thank you for responding. 

Sorry to hear you have now moved mobile provider as a result of your experience. 

Are you still experiencing any issues with your Broadband service? Is the outage still showing as effecting your service when you check https://virg.in/servicechecker or 0800 561 0061? 

If you would like us to help support you raise an additional complaint regarding the broadband issues please let us know and we will send you a PM to help with this!

All the best. 

Molly