cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on router not fixable

Greenbean85
Joining in

Can anyone please help? I've rang virgin support a few times and I keep getting told everything is OK, yet I've still got a red light on my router. I have 2 WiFi pods, they don't pick up the network. I'm just not winning. I personally feel as if I just need a new router. An anyone please help? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub do you have? As a red LED means different things on different hubs?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Greenbean85,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your Wi-Fi Pods, and also seeing a Red Light on your Hub. In regard to the Pods, are you seeing any lights on either one? Can you please also try the following on your Hub:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

This should clear the red light issue you're experiencing. Please do let us know if you continue to experience this problem and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for the reply, but I've restarted it several times. Been on the phone twice and unsuccessfully got the light back to white. I think I need a new router. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Greenbean85, 

Thank you for your reply and for letting us know. 

We are going to need to run a few checks which will require account access so I will pop you over a private message now. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat