cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Virgin Media Router

davecavanagh
Joining in

Red light permanently on spoken to Virgin help staff on the 21 sept and carried out their advice they said they would phone the following day to check if all was ok, never received a callback but red light still on . I rang back again on the 23 sept went through the same experience and was told to give the router time to reboot still no joy.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey davecavanagh, thanks for posting on our help forum today, a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the red light on your hub being persistent and for the experience you've had, we're eager to best assist you with this.
Could you please advise us whether the hub is on router and not on modem mode when the red light is on and also what type of hub you have currently?
Is it a hub 3 or 4?

Let us know of these and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

davecavanagh
Joining in

Hi, It's a hub 3 and on router,

Finally after spending 45 mins on the phone and wanting to cancel everything, they are now going to send an engineer out at a cost of £25 pound.

To put it mildly I'm very disappointed

Thank you for the update @davecavanagh.

I have had a look into this and I can see an engineer appointment has indeed been booked for you. If the engineer recognises a fault, you should not be charged. You can find all you need to know here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs