cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light Hub3

cazlintee
Joining in

My hub 3 has a solid red light showing. I’ve tried the hard reset and rebooting it but it’s not shifting. Broadband seems to be ok but the hub feels slightly hot at the top of the unit.

8 REPLIES 8

Aaron2
Well-informed

The red light is an indication of overheating, is your Hub in an open, well ventilated space? 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

cazlintee
Joining in

Yes it is 

Most likely then you'll need a replacement Hub, remove the answered tag from my previous answer as it may prevent a member of the forum team from seeing it as they believe it's resolved.

they'll be able to contact you for more information and sort it out for you. Alternatively you can try calling in via 150 from VM Landline/mobile or 0345 454 1111

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

• Thankyou that’s great 

Hi @cazlintee,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear your hub is displaying a red light. This is the overheating indicator so we would ask you to always ensure the hub is out in the open and well ventilated. 

As you have tried rebooting and the issue persists, we will need to book an engineer to come out and get this replaced.

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we will get the visit arranged 🙂

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM so promptly @cazlintee
 I've booked a technician for you to come out and replace the hub. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.
Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

If in the meanwhile, you find the hub gets hotter than it should, we'd advise turning the router off to cool down.
Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thankyou. Where can I find this information on my account please ?

Hi @cazlintee 🙂

You will be able to find confirmation of the visit under 'appointments' via your online account

I hope this helps but if you have any problems, let me know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team