cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline Adapter Fire

Rich5514
Tuning in

Yesterday I had problems with my Wi-Fi connection so I was playing around with my Powerline adapters to reset and start again. Virgin tech support were no help. I gave up in the end and unplugged them last night. When I plugged the one connected to the router in this morning to try again it caught fire. Fortunately my fuse box tripped and so there were no injuries or damage. I called Virgin Media this morning but they didn’t seem too bothered. They did agree to send a technician out…………in two weeks time! How can I report this so that some action will be taken?

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Contact Citizens Advice, and ask them to refer to Trading Standards in Reading, where VM are based.  There's been a string of similar reports of fires and explosions, VM have ignored every opportunity to deal with the problem quickly, competently and professionally.

If you don't get a satisfactory answer from Reading Trading Standards, then ask them to escalate it as a "national, novel or contentious" issue to the Office of Product Safety & Standards.  If Reading TS won't confirm that either they are taking enforcement action themselves or passing to OPSS, then say so, and I'll see what options exist in the UK's somewhat fragmented and poorly funded product safety system.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Rich5514, and I'm terribly sorry to hear of this incident and the seemingly poor response you gained from our team.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me. and we'll do all we can to have this resolved in a more timely manner.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn