cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power light on Hub 3 showing red not white

thomas93
Tuning in

Have had my Hub3 for at least 5 years and yesterday I noticed power light was red.  Checked status of area but was okay so requested connection check which came back as intermittent fault. 
Turned off hub during night to make sure hub was cold when switched back on this morning.  Still red light showing but connection check stated to do reboot of hub.  Which I did but no difference.

Strangely my internet connection remains and so does my Wi-Fi.  Usually when red light is showing my internet connection is down.  

Does my hub need to be replaced?

Your advice would be welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Portery
Fibre optic

Usually due to the age of the hub the white led light will fail. My advise would to contact customer service so they can run some tests intermitted issue usual last no longer than 24 hrs if the snr issue in the area can take longer. Also to check if the hub is hot to touch but to be fair the agents can do tests to see of there is a performance issue

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Portery
Fibre optic

Usually due to the age of the hub the white led light will fail. My advise would to contact customer service so they can run some tests intermitted issue usual last no longer than 24 hrs if the snr issue in the area can take longer. Also to check if the hub is hot to touch but to be fair the agents can do tests to see of there is a performance issue

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello thomas93,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the red-light on the hub.

We will need to arrange for a service technician to attend and swap this over.

In the mean time, Can you please ensure its upright in a well ventilated place and away from any direct source of heat.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L