cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports

MONKEYMOO
Tuning in

Hi folks....Im hoping for some help please. For my sins my hobby is amateur radio and i am trying to set up a piece of hardware which enables the remote operation of my radio equipment so i can control my radio via a laptop tethered to my mobile phone. I have installed everything and now the only stumbling block is opening up port forwarding on the Hub 4 so i can use ports 50000,50001,50002 and 50003. I have tried opening these ports only to find out that they are closed and wont allow access.

I have used a port checker to clarify that they are closed and everything i do fails to open them.....i have run out of ideas...can anyone help please ?

Many Thx

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Ports TCP or UDP you need a PC with them open

If your still having a problem use hub in modem mode get your own router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi and many thanks.....Ive now got a Ubiquiti Dream Machine router and im using this with the hub in modem mode. The new router is set up to port forward ports 50000-50003....and .....its still not allowing access. I have tried everything that i can think of....any further suggestions please ?

Thank you

Mark

Oh...and its UDP 😀

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't know about the Ubiquiti Dream Machine, but on my Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro you have to select which WAN port you want to use WAN1, WAN2 or both and select TCP, UDP or both. I use port forwarding all the time, but the port must be open on the target machine, try using 'netstat' on the target machine.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2