cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods not connecting

Sandmwyer
Tuning in

Hi, 

since having my hub. 4 router changed the pods will not sync to it. The white light on the pod is still flashing after being on overnight even though the guy at Virgin centre yesterday assured me it would happen in much less than 15 minutes “I promise “ he said. Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

just make sure that your 2.4 and 5ghz WIFI SSIDs are named differently ie: 

XXXXwifi2 and XXXXwifi5

for instance, then any device such as smart plugs/lights/ring doorbells that will only work on 2.4ghz can only log onto your 2G network not try logging onto your 5G network. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

S444may
Dialled in

Hi 

I had the same problem after the technician came and for some reason changed my settings. 
I switched “channel optimisation “ to ENABLE  and it worked! 
the pod then logged on within five minutes

1317FE67-10DE-48BD-ACEA-DCB478B677EB.jpeg

Brilliant thank you!! They now work!! Another satisfied customer! 
now, what do know about connecting smart plugs on 2.4g only? 

Hi,

just make sure that your 2.4 and 5ghz WIFI SSIDs are named differently ie: 

XXXXwifi2 and XXXXwifi5

for instance, then any device such as smart plugs/lights/ring doorbells that will only work on 2.4ghz can only log onto your 2G network not try logging onto your 5G network. 

Could I make my “guest” network just 2.4 for instance? The ssid used to be suffixed with 2 and 5 but no more in the hub 4. The app doesn’t really work either. (For pausing a rogue x box in the middle of the night for instance 😉 

PODS will not work correctly if the 2.4 and 5g networks have different names and the wireless channels need to be set to auto and auto optimization needs to be ticked at all times.

I’ve tried both ways, naming both SSIDs the same and naming them differently ie one called 2G and the other called 5G and it made no difference at all.

I really appreciate your insight into this.  It looks like then Amazon wifi sockets I’ve bought over the years will not work again on this router which is odd as it was a like for like swap. (Replacing the one which was playing up) 

I discovered a fix. Taking the socket out of reach of 5g and pairing it there. Clumsy but it worked! 

Hi @Sandmwyer, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming your issue has been resolved. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.  And here, will answer many questions regarding our pods.

Regards

Lee_R