cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Please connect to your hub” during scan

OrangeR
Tuning in

My Wi-Fi drops out intermittently so yesterday I did a scan and then called tech support. They did some stuff (not sure what) and now when I try to scan, I get the following message:

Please connect to your Hub
It looks like you're connected to your home
network via an unrecognised access point.
Please connect to a Hub to scan your home.

————-

I have a Hub 3 and 2 intelligent Wi-Fi pods. Should I be able to see all of them on the app? This is all I can see.

9151C404-E375-4C6E-A26F-DAF9DCD80CA5.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
There's no legitimate reason to use the connect app other than to setup the public wifi hotspots.

Just use the Hubs admin pages

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi OrangeR,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any frustration with this. It looks as though your WiFi signal may have been split. 

Can you confirm if you're having still have issues with the Wireless connection?

^Martin

Still having some issues, yes. The app is still saying that I’m not connected to my hub. 

Also, should I be able to see my pods somewhere; in the app, in the router settings? So far the only “reassurance” I have that they are working is the light on pod being off. 

I have also been told that Virgin only guarantee broadband and not Wi-Fi. Is this true? If so, then what equipment can I buy to ensure that I receive a similar speed in all areas of my house rather than 200+Mbps in my lounge (where the router is) and 20Mbps upstairs. 

@OrangeR wrote:

Still having some issues, yes. The app is still saying that I’m not connected to my hub. 

Also, should I be able to see my pods somewhere; in the app, in the router settings? So far the only “reassurance” I have that they are working is the light on pod being off. 

I have also been told that Virgin only guarantee broadband and not Wi-Fi. Is this true? If so, then what equipment can I buy to ensure that I receive a similar speed in all areas of my house rather than 200+Mbps in my lounge (where the router is) and 20Mbps upstairs. 

No they won’t appear in the app. 

and yes they only guarantee wired speeds, per the contract you read and signed. 

If you want better Wi-Fi get your own router or mesh system and put the hub into modem mode 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

How do I know what is good router/ mesh system? I thought the pods were supposed to be mesh. 

They are mesh. But are they good - no.

It depends what you're looking for really as to what you buy.