cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light

CJ321
Joining in

Hi all,

Got my new virgin hub 3 and eventually after a few issues we have got set up with broadband,  since I got online the base light has been orange constantly on and the hub is hot at the top.  

So far, the Internet seems to be ok . apart form the odd drop out, we do  get on with multiple devices and the connection is fast... My worry is, after reading other post, is the hub being hot and the orange light the whole time, I have tried a reset and a reboot without any success in resolving . 

Hoping someone from virgin media or much more knowledgeable than me can help me out with what might be the cause, how to fix and put my mind at ease.

Thanks in advance.

CJ

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CJ321, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your Hub 3, we will be able to help. 

As you have advised the light on the Hub has changed colour and it feels hot to touch, we will need to investigate this further.

To take a few details, I am going to pop you over a private message. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CJ321, 

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am happy we have been able to get the technician visit booked in for you. 

Until the visit takes place, please ensure you are powering down the equipment overnight and when leaving the property. 

Thank you, 

Nat

CJ321
Joining in

Hi

Update on the orange light on my hub 3, Nat from Virgin arranged an engineer visit, he confirmed my hub had a fault, and replaced with a new unit, everything is now working fine, big thanks to the team at Virgin for sorting so quickly.

Chris 

Hey CJ321, thank you for reaching out with an update and I'm glad everything has now been resolved.

Please do reach out in the future if you need anything again. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?