cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service SW14 and not appearing on service status

maltbyjames
Joining in

Hi, I am getting no TV or Broadband service in SW14 8 area since yesterday morning, I can't contact support as I just get automated responses. Someone on chat said there is a known issue but it is not appearing on any of the online service status updates, I have been working for 2 days on a mobile hotspot and want to know when the issue will be fixed, also want to make sure I am registered for auto compensation. The service comes up for about 2 minutes a day (my laptop is plugged into an ethernet cable and temporarily switches back to VM broadband from my hotspot when it comes back up) and not convinced that Virgin Media will qualify this as 'total loss of service' for this reason...

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi maltbyjames,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection over the last few days. Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010064767
  • Estimated fix time: 01 NOV 2022 15:00
  • Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs