cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Super Hub 4 problems

Bal888
Tuning in

I was selected to receive a Hub 4 and it arrived a couple of days ago, I am a 100Mb customer.

I plugged it in exactly same spot as previous Hub 3, first observations are that this Hub's range is pretty much exactly the same as Hub 3 in my experience, same blackout spot in same regions around the house (with my repeater switched off).

The current understanding is that this newer router will be marketed to selected customers on slower packages as an upgrade to improve wi-fi, but on further reading it seems it may be targeted to areas of high utilisation.

The new HUB 4 can bond 32 channels together, while the HUB 3.0 can only do 24. Therefore possibly providing an improvement if operator supports the bonding change in the locations. Not sure if I am one of those locations - i'm just trying to piece everything together here.

The first day or so it seemed to work OK, last couple of days it seems we get intermittent speeds averaging around >15<=30Mb in a room that consistently got >90 <=120.

Thought it may be teething issues so rebooted a few times, but seems we can't get a decent speed out of it any more.. 

I have disable 5GHz completely as nothing used to use the 5GHz channel, I did the usual splitting the SSID to 2.4 and 5 etc etc, rebooted a few times.. nothing seems to be improving speed and dropouts..

The online tests also do not work for the new Hub 4.0 just for your information..

I'll try and keep people updated on experiences, hope someone finds some of the information here useful.

51 REPLIES 51

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lwoods54,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! Usually, we would recommend that you start a new thread for any issues that you're having - however, I'd be more than happy to take a look at this for you now.

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details, and I can see that your Hub is showing some issues. I've booked an engineer appointment for you. You can find the details of this appointment on your MyVM page.

Please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Jackyliew
Tuning in

Hi guys . Just wonder any one have issues .hub 4 Wi-fi all good . But it keep disconnected wire connection from my mesh and  Samsung hub )smart home )3 to 5 times a days . . 

Just has my connection like 1 week ego . So very bad it happen need to wait For 20 to 40 min and it reconnect 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Jackyliew 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your hub4. 

Are you able to let me know if you have a BQM set up?  If so please could you post a link? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

BQM????

'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank for coming back to me @Jackyliew 

As perfectly explained by @lotharmat a BQM or broadband quality monitor will monitor your connection, this way we are able to view when the drops are happening. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

Is that matter I connect Wi-fi direct . Mesh or  Ethernet ?

Have you put the hub into Modem Mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi Laurie, thanks for getting back to me. I'm struggling to see the engineer appointment in the My Virgin Media section. Could you direct me to where this is please?

Thanks
Laurence

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lwoods54 

If you go to your my virgin media account > Help > Orders and appointments.

Kind regards,

Zak_M