cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Signal Strength on Hub 3.0

HMB42
On our wavelength

I have had Sky Q installed today (18.9.21) and have been downloading programmes on to the box all day.  I have had to reset the connection from the router to the box several times today as it keeps losing connection to the router.  Sometimes the broadband connection goes, sometimes the internet connection goes, sometimes it both at the same time.  Then within a few minutes the connection re-establishes itself and it is OK for a while, but sometimes only for a few minutes before connection is lost again.  I have checked on the Network Diagnosis tool on the 192.168.0.1 website and it says low signal strength.  What can I do?  Do I need to get a different package have M100 at the moment, with about 10 devices (not all use wifi connection all the time), or is it a router issue or what?  Please help

7 REPLIES 7

HMB42
On our wavelength
Just to add that the only connection that seems to be the issue is with the Sky Q box connecting to the router, all other devices seem to connect fine.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I presume as you are getting a “low signal strength” message you are using WiFi. There seems to be lots of problems with Sky Q using WiFi, not only with VM. The only, and best, solution is to connect the Sky Q box using an Ethernet cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

HMB42
On our wavelength
Thanks for the response Tudor but ethernet connection is not possible as sky q box in a completely different room to router.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A pair of good quality Powerlne Adapters may work for you. We have a pair servicing my lad's bedroom where he connects his gaming PC and consoles to one unit via short ethernet cables. It works well for him

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

HMB42
On our wavelength

Thanks for the information. I will look into this.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only caveat is that the power circuits need to be "connected" - if they go through the same consumer unit/fuse box they will be. 

This is good option to start

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

HMB42
On our wavelength
Thanks for the link.