cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with hub

Saitejakatti
Joining in

Hello Team,

i am facing issues with my router for 5 months now and i have contacted support over a dozen times but they are unable to resolve the problem. The wifi gets disconnected even when i am sitting right next to router and it has some intermittent buzzing noise and if i walk out from my position wifi disconnects. The wifi admin page shown there is some issue with the wireless connection but unable to fix it during the troubleshoot. I am really getting frustrated as it is impacting my work. Please can i request for a replacement hub as soon as possible to fix this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First off... what Hub model is it - printed on its sticker?

Are devices connected on ethernet cables behaving correctly? If you dont know can you check?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your response.

The model of the router is Hub 3 (VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM).

Unfortunately i dont have any devices that work on ethernet to check and the issue is with all the devices that access wifi over this router.

thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thats a Hub3

Just FYI... "any" device can be connected on an ethernet cable - you just need a ethernetRJ45 adapter for any "port" the device has - I have them for USB3, USBc, Thunderbolt, Lightning, etc ports on my Apple devices and they all work fine.

A buzzing sound isnt normal but may have nothing to to with your wifi connectivity.

The Hub3 wif can be poor for some customers situation. Have you tried moving the Hub - even a few inches can make a big difference if its away from an interference source.

One thing we can look at is the connection quality - can you do this...

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up dont login just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3) of the Login page. If you donrt see - scroll down the page to the bottom. If its still not visible there - come back here.

When "in" - Navigate to these “pages” and just copy/paste as the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – the 2 tables from the Downstream, and the 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page.

Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts
------ ALSO ---------
If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there @Saitejakatti

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues with your Hub! 

I have taken a look and I can see a few issues with the specs that will require an engineer to attend. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for Hub – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.