cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with connectivity

cybersquid
Joining in

Can anyone advise why, with high speed Virgin broadband, I have to resort to using my phone’s hotspot to stream media on my iPad? Virgin say the router is fine. Otherwise I get an error or the Doughnut of death every few minutes…

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Probably because you are streaming via the Hub's wifi and that is being problematic for one reason or another (we can look at that).

But first, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related? On a laptop or computer, or by using an an adapter for the iPad lightning port

Also, what Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cybersquid,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cybersquid
Joining in

Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Select Start > Settings > Network & internet, then turn on Wi-Fi. Next, select More options (>) next to Wi-Fi, then select Show available networks. If a network you expect to see appears in the list, select it, then select Connect. Open Wi-Fi settings

See if you can use the Wi-Fi network to get to websites from a different device. If you can’t, restart your modem, router, and device, and re-connect to the Wi-Fi.

Try turning Wi-Fi on and off. This can solve issues by restarting your azar connection.

If your Surface still isn't connecting, try the steps on Surface can't find my wireless network shagle.

Thanks