cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet

Clairebear8621
Joining in

Hi, I have been having intermittent WiFi for ages not I have a strong signal on devices and they are all connected but no Internet and very slow when there is Internet, virgin already sent someone out and its no better

15 REPLIES 15

Router status
Upstream bonded channelsChannel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
15370004142512064 qam2
23940001442512064 qam4
34620003142512064 qam3
46029997442512064 qam1

Upstream bonded channelsChannel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0000

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All your stats are spot on - can you see whether it is just a wifi issue by doing this - not on a games console.
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check (on a laptop/computer) to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when wifi devices disconnect (particularly the base power light

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It is just wifi as far as I can tell 

SOmetimes splitting the WiFi bands can help wifi connectivity issues:

You can split the WiFi bands by accessing your hub settings - to do this, you'll need to be connected to your hub and type in 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. You;ll then need to enter your hub's setting password (this can be found on the bottom of the hub).

Once you've access the dashboard, you'll need to go to advanced settings and then wireless - security. From there, you just need to change the SSIDs of both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz signal to different names, you can just add on 2G and 5G to the end of the current network name.

Hit Save and then it should work!

Bear in mind that you'll have to reconnect all of your devices to the new SSIDs

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

It was split into two until recently then virgin merged them , the WiFi was always much slower on the 2 than the 5 regardless of distance from the router, it would drop out and do the same as now but less on the 5 all devices have full signal strength but Internet just drops all the time

Hi Clairebear8621, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Its really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your WiFi connection. 

Our diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for connection issues. All power levels are at optimal levels, I'm not seeing any errors and there are no open faults in your area either.
As you have confirmed this is only happening via WiFi, we would recommend following the help and advice in these links: 

Wi-Fi hints and tips 
Wi-Fi troubleshooting

If after following the information there you are still having an issue, the next step would be possibly adding a WiFi pod to help improve things. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs