cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

D4v
Joining in

For the past week or so we have had terrible intermittent broadband issues. Making it impossible for my wife to work from home and using all our combined mobile data which we had saved up.

phoned virgin who were extremely unhelpful and just said there’s nothing wrong so can’t do anything!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @D4v

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! It's great to have you on board. 

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening and having checked things on our side I can see that the Hub levels do appear to be out of spec. 

I think it would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to attend, I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange. 

Please keep ab eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Could just be heat related, but have you checked for any “known network faults”

Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @D4v

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! It's great to have you on board. 

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening and having checked things on our side I can see that the Hub levels do appear to be out of spec. 

I think it would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to attend, I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange. 

Please keep ab eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.