cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting WIFI in my second room.

alia7478
Tuning in

Hi I am on 100mbs volt package. I am getting very weak signals or dead spots. Both rooms are on ground floor so the second room is not that far from the router. I have black super hub 3.

Need help please

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As a Volt customer you qualify for free wifi pods - see this

Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages. So they are worth trying - they should work for you. Its now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you so much John for your kind response. I hope VM person responds here asap as I urgently need this wifi max pods. I have downloaded the VM connect APP and only getting 3mbs speed in my second room. The app recommends to get pods for fast speed.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
While waiting try calling in, or you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is.

There is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantees)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

alia7478
Tuning in
Still no success. Couldn't get through to a VM person
and still nobody from VM have posted here.

I don't know how to get help. My wife's classes going to start and we need wifi in that room for her studies.
Please VM help me

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As a temporary fix (or make it permanent) just buy a 10/20/50 meter run of Cat5e ethernet cable and plug it into the Hub and then trail it out over the carpet up stairs etc and then plug the other end into your device.

If it doesnt have an ethernet port you can get adapters for any port it does have. I use them on my Macbooks which have USB3, USB-c, or Thunderboly ports. There are ones for lightning ports on iPhones too.

You will get a perfect and rock solid connection. When done - unplug the cable and roll it up and put it in your bits drawer until you need it again. Or make the connection permanent with a wireless access point on the other end of it - like this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Wireless-Access-Business-WAC104-100UKS/dp/B01LWUJU8H/

--------------------
John
--------------------

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello alia7478,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with WIFI not reaching the back room.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L