cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge packet loss and latency

V1nn13
Joining in

I am experiencing packet loss and have tried everything to help fix the problem to no avail.

The only thing that helps is doing a factory reset. This fixes the problem for an hour or so and then I start experiencing weird disconnect issues again. I have signed up to a BQM earlier today and already seeing somethings not right on the graph. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3c34f54533dfeacca8f63a3f4d8d536ab1... 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time. Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts, or the network log for info.

I managed to source a third party router to eliminate the hub 3.0 being the culprit and seems to have fixed the problem. Hub 3.0 is now in modem mode and have good latency with ~0% packet loss reported on the BQM. Will keep monitoring over the next few days and report back if I have any further problems.

Kind regards

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi V1nn13,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Disappointed to hear that you're having to do factory reset to get your packet loss issues fixed.

We appreciate your update, and are glad to hear since sourcing your 3rd party router things have improved.

We have done a check from our end with the details you have provided form you community profile, and can confirm that all power levels are within spec, there are no SNR issues or area fault which is good news.

As you posted on Saturday and mentioned you will monitor the situation, please come back to us if any further issues arise.

Kind regards Jodi.