cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Endless Disconnections - Might get my own router

abpbm
Joining in

Unless you really want to test a new hub, just don't bother. Constants disconnects with the new hub5, tech support can't help, then you have to wait for 24 hours for anyone to even act, then engineer is 5 days away (i appreciate it's the new year).. Hoping he'll have stock of 3/4s as the visit seems pointless outside of a new hub.

I had the odd dc on the hub3, so thought it was worth it.. Now spending all my time on tethered mobile connection. Thanks VM

Anyone had issues with modem mode on the hub5? Also, what router you folks running/recommend?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you still have the old Hub? If so call in to get it reactivated on your account and send the Hub5 back (0800 953 9500 (option 3)

If not ask them for a replacement Hub3/4 in advance of the Tech visit.

It should be fine in modem mode too, with your own better quality equipment 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

smudge41
Joining in

I'm having the same with a hub 3 i have only just joined VM so it might be pointless, i guess at least I'm within my 15 days to cancel the service. 

Unfortunately not.. I nearly kept it as the hub5 had original issues on the first few days and then seemed stable after separating out the 2.4/5.. So i thought the original settling in was done.. But these last few days it's been bad and the only thing that sorts it out temporarily is a reboot, but even that is a 50/50.

Yep i need to scoot round for better equipment..

Hello abpbm

Sorry to hear this 

I have just gone to take a look and can see we have a Service Technician booked to come out 

Can you please let us know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L