cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 changing SSID’s back to default

Jayhub4
Tuning in

Hi there!

Ive recently been upgraded to the Hub 4. Really enjoying it. Much better speeds and signal strength throughout the home now the issue! I’ve changed my SSID’s (WiFi name and passwords)  over to my own personal ones and separated them 2.4 and 5ghz. Now it keeps on changing the 2.4ghz back to the original. When I’ve logged into the settings page the up time is a low time meaning that it’s rebooting its self and changing ONLY the 2.4 back to the original. Bad thing is my home security is on the 2.4 so it’s all being disconnected without me realising.

I understand the most common answer being I should just use the default SSID for the 2.4 but I’ve got a ton of smart home devices so they’ll have to be setup again so looking for an easy fix.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for reading!

192 REPLIES 192

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Take control of your hub and use modem mode with your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

mustang_sarah
Tuning in

Just thought I'd put it out there that I'm having the exact same issue with the hub 4. I do plan on setting up my own router etc at some point, but in the meantime, it is extremely obnoxious to have to reset the SSID and password every time I reboot my hub.

Hi @mustang_sarah,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues with your Hub 4 lately. How often are you rebooting the router? Is there a specific reason why you're rebooting it?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

I just rebooted it because I was having some issues on a device, but I've rebooted it a couple times for hooking up wifi extenders and such. However, that really isn't relevant, because there's quite obviously an issue with the software, and "stop rebooting your hub" isn't the answer. I also have an issue with it not saving device names when I try to rename them, or it will save a name to a different MAC than I assigned it to. Seems there are lots of little bugs with the software, which I am just reporting so that hopefully they will be looked into next time there is a firmware update.

Hi @mutang_sarah,

Can you clarify what you're doing specifically when you perform a reboot of the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I also have this problem. Any time the hub loses power or reboots it reverts to the original SSID. The firmware clearly never writes any SSID changes to memory.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi markmagness,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're also experiencing this issue.

Could you please confirm what kind of reboot you are performing on the Hub?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Any kind of reboot or power loss triggers the issue.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @markmagness,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you could perform a Hub reset this will reset any SSID changed back to default.

Once they change back to the defaulted settings, please alter them to what you need and keep us updated if this helped resolve the SSID changing after a reboot.

Keep us updated if you can! 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

I think pretty much everyone commenting on this thread has tried to do a hard reboot myself included. There doesn’t seem to be a way to keep them from changing back no matter what.