cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Solid red light

Jhrnr
Tuning in

My hub 3 has a solid red light, I have restarted and factory reset but this still persists. I have done this a few times in the last few weeks but it has continued to be red rather than the original white. It still gets the Internet. The unit is in an open space and is warm at the top. I called support and they said this isn’t right but would not arrange a replacement ‘until it breaks’. Having read the forum this seems a potential problem with over heating and definitely needs replacing? 

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks @lotharmat I’ll give them another call

Hi Jhrnr,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Hub looked into, I can see you've already been given some help by @lotharmat 😁

Were you able to get through to the faults team about this? 

If not, we can still help on here. A red light on a Hub 3 - As long as it's not in Modem mode - Would be an overheating or faulty sensor issue which definitely needs looking at by an engineer. They will most likely replace the Hub after inspecting it 👨‍🔧

Please let us know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks Megan - I’ve got a technician coming on Friday so hopefully they’ll be able to inspect and replace then. Thanks for following up. 

James

Thanks for letting us know James 🙂

Take care,

Alex_Rm

Technician replaced the hub so hopefully problem solved - thanks everyone!