cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Hub 5 and booster

Labgirl
Joining in

Have received Hub 5 and was expecting great things. Have found WiFi to be worse, with this dropping out in rooms where we have had black spots. Boosters are in place but due to app not recognising hub or boosters now unsure where the issue is. Any help gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you still have the older hub, then be aware that it won’t work straight away. It will have been deactivated in favour of the Hub5 (only one hub allowed per account - usually). So what you will need to do is call VM with the details of the old hub as per the sticker on it and request that it be reactivated.

To be fair though, they will probably refuse either on the grounds that ‘this isn’t possible’ - complete rubbish, or so other made up reason to hide the fact that they don’t know, or don’t have the ability, to do so.

Now conventional Powerline boosters (oh how much do I hate that term, as they don’t ‘boost’ anything?), really should work just as well as they did with the previous hub. Which makes me wonder if there isn’t an issue with the Hub 5 itself.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
They don't work with the hub 5 you need to use modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wht do you mean by boosters - powerline adaptors or pods - if the latter they do not work and VM should not have sent you a hub5 

if you are on a package thats the pods are free then they may send you powerline adaptors

the bigger question is why do you want the 5 - its is trial/soft launch mode and has many problems - search on here - if you still have your old hub you would be better getting that reactivated

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Power line boosters supplied by VM. I think as you say I might as well get my old hub out although not perfect didn’t loose signal do much

Thanks

If you still have the older hub, then be aware that it won’t work straight away. It will have been deactivated in favour of the Hub5 (only one hub allowed per account - usually). So what you will need to do is call VM with the details of the old hub as per the sticker on it and request that it be reactivated.

To be fair though, they will probably refuse either on the grounds that ‘this isn’t possible’ - complete rubbish, or so other made up reason to hide the fact that they don’t know, or don’t have the ability, to do so.

Now conventional Powerline boosters (oh how much do I hate that term, as they don’t ‘boost’ anything?), really should work just as well as they did with the previous hub. Which makes me wonder if there isn’t an issue with the Hub 5 itself.

Exactly what I thought that either the new hub would be better or that with boosters my service would be enhanced.