cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop outs on Hub 4

MariaV
Joining in

Had hub 4 for several months. Everything worked fine up until 3wks ago. There was a drop out, the hub had solid white light but no devices would connect to WiFi and the v6 boxes had white  arrow lights flashing. After rebooting sometimes taking couple reboots, it would resolve itself. Unfortunately this started happening mir often, going from once or twice a week to once or twice a day. The hub was changed, still had same issue. Next was the connection inside the white box, that was changed. Still same issue. Virgin say its a short term connectivity issue. What is happening here? The drops outs get extremely frustrating and two technicians haven't solved the issue. Doesn't help that neither technician actually checked the connections with their equipment to check signal or anything. Need help virgin because this issue is getting slowly worse 

20 REPLIES 20

Wondering if there anyway I can show the drop outs? Seeing other threads noticed people show some numbers and errors. How can I access this in order to show you? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Network dropouts will be obvious on a BQM

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Okg. Signed up to that website earlier. Hwo do I go about showing you the graph? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Click on "share live graph" - just underneath the BQM

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Okay. Will do soon. Just to make you aware there is huge red part this due to turning hub off. We leave it off overnight. So far there's only been one dropped packet, but I suspect this happened because technician who I know checked the green box to check signals and we lost signal everywhere for about 2mins and then it came back 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d59b041683a2a79368e4c93309518ae981d9704b

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All looks good since 9am. No evidence of any disconnections today. You noticed any thing on wifi or ethernet connections?

Something went crazy around 7pm last night though?

--------------------
John
--------------------

That huge red block was because hub was off. That strange pattern around 6.30-7pm.... I'm almost certain it was the technician. I know a VM technician who lives nearby and he checked the green box across the road for the signal to make sure all is good. He was there for about 5mins and at that exact time I noticed were lost signal on the boxes and the Internet went weird, I think those spikes are cause of that cause it happened exactly at the time he was at the green box. WiFi has been absolutely fine since those times you can see, ethernet as said haven't got cable so can't check that. That same tech guy said our upstreams were out, but that was checked yesterday before the graph. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI MariaV, 

Thank your for posting and for your updates with the information. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing drop outs with the Hub 4.  

Unfortunately, I am having issues viewing the graph via the link on the thread. If you have a new link please do share 🙂 

Also, how have things been since your last post to the thread? Have you seen any improvements? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hey

Unfortunately can't share the graph again as I've deleted the info from the site. Huh working fine and Internet now good. Tech came and replaced all the connections everywhere from the green box, so box outside the house to the white box inside our house and haven't had a single issues since. Seems fixed now. I understand we will be given £30 credit due to the issue and fact it taken 3 technicians to solve. But we can't see the credit on the account?