cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant red light on hub 3

Jools66
Joining in

Constant red light on hub 3. Situated in a well ventilated area. All checks and scans completed several times. Still got a red light. Concened that this is a fire hazard. 

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jools66

Sorry to hear this. If the router is not in modem mode (which is more a magenta colour), then please try these steps and let us know if this has changed at all.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the red light is still showing after these checks please let us know and we'll investigate further.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

I have tried the steps you have outlined several times. I have also reset the hub. The light is still red. 

Thanks

Julia

Hi Julia, thank you for coming back to us!

Sorry to hear the light is still read. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can get a technician sent out to investigate further, and replace the hub if needed. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox.

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All, 

Just to update this public thread - an appointment has now been booked to get this resolved. You can view and manage appointments via your My Virgin Media account. 

Thank you to Jools66 for PMing with me to get this arranged!

I hope the appointment goes well! Please do return to this thread to let us know how it goes, and we can offer further support if needed. 

All the best. 

Molly