cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant loss of connection and speeds

leemc_
Tuning in

Hi,

For the last week, I have been experiencing heavy connection losses and speed drops. I use my superhub as a modem and use an ASUS RT-AC68U router. I experience these issues over ethernet and WiFi, ranging from devices such as my iPad, TV, Phone, Laptop and Desktop. I have completed a factory reset on my own ASUS equipment which is not displaying any error, I have tried using new ethernet cables (despite this being over WiFi as well as ethernet) and lastly have tried relocating the router. I have also done the Virgin service test several times, which displays no errors. 

I have a connection log from a network ping monitor that displays the number of connection losses I have experienced in the last 24 hours. This is currently at 49 disconnects in the last 24 hours and 61 overall since I started monitoring the day before yesterday. A screenshot of this is attached.

I have also attached a speed test graph based on over 35 tests that shows the constant drop of speeds on download and upload (this is over ethernet using a CAT6 cable).

Lastly, I have attached a screenshot of the network log from the Virgin Superhub which displays warnings, notices and critical errors - all of which align with the time of disconnects. I have, of course, rebooted the Superhub but this has done nothing. 

My conversation ID from Twitter is #31189625. I hope I have provided enough evidence to show there is a fault at Virgins end and if a test can be done to identify any issue, if not, please can an engineer be sent out as this is greatly distributing work as I am home-based like many others currently. 

Thank you, I hope you can help.

LeeConnection Log.pngSuperhub.pngUploadDownload.png

13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

I've done a reset and checked the wiring and still had disconnects

Network Log

Time Priority Description

20/07/2021 13:29:53Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/07/2021 13:28:13criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/07/2021 13:05:49Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/07/2021 13:04:2criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this for a helpful explanation of log messages

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Hub-status-data-understanding-network-log-messages/td-p/4...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for this, it's given me a clearer understanding of the issues I'm getting - is there a fix to this or am I needing an engineer to attend? as It's really affecting my work. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, leemc_,

Sorry to hear that you have been having broadband connection issues. I have run some diagnostics and it is showing you have a visit already booked. Be sure to take a look here, to view and manage your appointment.

Cheers,

Corey C