cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection stability issues since upgrading to Gig1/Hub 4

Bengley
Joining in

Hi all. Yesterday I was switched over from a 200MB connection with a Hub 3 to Gig1 with a Hub 4. I never had any stability issues with the 200MB connection - consistently loading websites quickly and getting 220Mbps download on speed tests on my PC connected directly through ethernet.

I am now able to get up to 940Mbps on speed tests which is great, but the connection is very unstable and there are regular drop outs. Sometimes the speed is as low as 15Mbps during these tests.

The only things which have changed on my end are the swap from the Hub 3 (modem mode) to the Hub 4.

I'm using Hub 4 in modem mode, TP Link Archer AX50. I've tried the Hub 4 in router mode which was unfortunately no better (only connection to it was PC via ethernet).

I've read of issues with the Hub 4 but was under the impression these were mainly when it was being used in router mode. Are there known reliability issues in modem mode too?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Bengley,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I do apologise for our delayed response here. Is this issue with your connection ongoing today? If it is, are any known area impacting faults currently being reported via our Service Status page that explain this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

The connection seems to have settled yesterday (I saw a Virgin Media engineer at one of the nearby green boxes)

I think the issue is now resolved, thank you everyone for your help.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Bengley,

Thanks for dropping by with an update - glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide