cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

kelly2711
Tuning in

I've been sent a new router by virgin.

Since then the WiFi connection is terrible.

Some devices won't connect at all and I get intermittent connection.

I have a black spot in the upstairs of my house also. Can someone please advise?

I'm sick to death of it. The connect app will not connect or find my hub.

Many thanks 

25 REPLIES 25

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@JasJohal wrote:

Hi Paul

Thanks for coming back to me. Unfortunately having tried the ethernet cable it still doesn’t work.

I’ve been trying all sorts and no joy and from what I’m reading on forum is that HUB 5 is a trial release and not fully tested and other issues customers are also facing.

I really need my printer connected as being an NHS Keyworker my role is home based for the time being.

is there anyway I can get my HUB 3 back?

regards 

Jas

It is unacceptable that Virgin has dropped this unproven device on you.  It might be possible to get it working, but that is not your job.  You should not be left  to sort out Virginmedia's equipment problems, when you just need your broadband to work.

You should demand that the Hub 5 be replaced with an earlier model that restores your service.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi

No connection at all and as my router is in the bedroom upstairs i have had to move my Printer upstairs just to work out if the ethernet will connect whereby prior to this issue my printer was downstairs in my office area and I do not particularly wish to travel up and down for printing purposes. My Printer is wireless which i wish for it to remain as and not cable connection (even though ethernet doesn't connect). This has now been an ongoing issue for weeks and I URGENTLY need an earlier version router which was working perfectly fine before in all areas.

As an NHS keyworker, I am at the point of requiring to travel into work just for printing purposes because of the HUB 5 is not supporting my printer which i do not particularly want to travel into London due to Covid and putting my family at risk.  

Urgent action required please.

Hi @JasJohal,

I do apologise. Is this issue with the wireless/Wi-Fi connection ongoing today? If so, is it only the printer it seems to be impacting or other devices too?

Can you confirm what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've done thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Please forgive me for butting in Zach_R, but I feel very strongly about this.

@JasJohal had working broadband with his Hub 3, but has now been given a Hub 5 which against his knowledge is unproven and on a trial.

Now, you are asking him what troubleshooting and diagnostics he has done with the Hub 5. 

He didn't ask to be on this trial, and he doesn't want to be involved with troubleshooting and diagnostics, he just wants working broadband so that he can get on with his life and work.  He's paying for his broadband, which he's no longer getting due entirely to Virginmedia's trial. 

The only reasonable action for Virginmedia now is to return the Hub 3 as he requested, and to apologise for the disruption he has been caused.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for understanding jpeg1. I’m not an IT technical expert and can’t believe I’m being asked the question on diagnostics and all I want is my printer back working to how it was prior to receiving/setting up the HUB 5. I’m now having to travel into work just because VM can’t sort this out nor give my HUB 3 back and being an NHS Keyworker my priority is to serve the NHS as best I can during these difficult times from home and not wasting my time on an issue which is not my fault. 

Dear Zach 

Issue is still ongoing, my printer is not connecting to the HUB5 when entering my password but is connecting to our phones/PC/tabloids.

Ive tried everything I can think of including connecting via Ethernet and still no joy. I’ve been on HP support site and followed reset to network/default and still no joy. I’ve exhausted means of getting this to work.  I’m not an IT technical expert and can’t believe I’m being asked the question on diagnostics and all I want is my printer back working to how it was prior to receiving/setting up the HUB 5. I’m now having to travel into work just because VM can’t sort this out nor even to offer/give my HUB 3 back which I’m requesting via this forum…AGAIN!
Being an NHS Keyworker my priority is to serve the NHS as best I can during these difficult times from home and not wasting my time on an issue which is not my fault. 

If I have to escalate this by other media routes (which I don’t want to embarrass VM in doing so) then I will and pretty sure that won’t look good for VM.

So, to this end, can you advise when I will expect my HUB 3 by you contacting your VM colleagues and making the arrangements for it to be sent out to me??? 

Hi @JasJohal

I will take over this now and continue through private message so we can discuss your account. I'll see if I can get a HUB 3 back out to you. Please look out for my PM.

Thanks,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you and have just replied back to the private message. 

Thank you very much for confirming that information @JasJohal.

Hopefully you'll be back up and running as usual with the HUB 3 swapped back. 

If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment you can do this from your online account on the first page in the red box. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need anything else. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

josanee
Tuning in

We accepted the offer of a new Hub 5 in good faith.Unbeknown to us until today, we discover Hub 5 is being trialled. We were not informed of this. Various devices have connected to our new network successfully. Unfortunately not impressed that we are unable to connect our HP Deskjet 3050A Series J611 printer which worked perfectly on our old VM network. I agree with others this is an issue for Virgin Media to rectify. I have spent 8 hours today trying all the methods others have mentioned to connect our printer. My next research task maybe to look for a better provider. Shame on you Virginmedia. We have been with you a long time but unfortunately we feel loyalty counts for nothing.