cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection is unusable, but status says no fault

Gerrond
Tuning in

"Our tests show that your broadband and Hub are online and working. If you need help reconnecting your devices, or if you’re still experiencing an issue, tap a help option below."

OK, except that on any service, YouTube, ITVx, whatever,  WiFi or wired, the connection works for maybe 5 minutes then things start to freeze, subtitles, then sound, then picture. There are no faults in my area. Download speed test says anything from 19 to135Mbps.

Router status downstream shows Pre RS errors in the 10's of millions and Post RS Errors in the 10's of thousands.

The Network Log shows several "Warning  -  RCS Partial.".., and "critical - SYNC Timing ...failure", and "critical - No Ranging Response". At least one Software initiated FR. No mention of the user initiated one though.

This has been going on for several days. How do I report this to VM? Whatsapp does not seem to work for me.

13 REPLIES 13

the screen shot has been rejected due to personal info - the MAC i suppose.

Blurring in that detail is too much trouble so here is the redacted "notice" for 12/04/2024 18:49:22

"Unit has been restored to factory defaults from a software issued command;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1,CM-VER=3.0;"

The next log entry is "critical" dated 01/01/1970 00:01:38

"No Ranging response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC...."

So wild guess, I am connected via a Cisco edge router [40:06:d5:XX:XX:XX], (remotely initiated?) software command causing a Linux based system to FR, then write to the log post reset but prior time update due to failure.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Whatever the events of 12-April when the circuit was reset, it would appear from your report that there are now no circuit issues.

So we have to return to the TV and its connection with the Virgin Media Hub.   You say the problem arises both wired and WiFi.  Can you confirm that when wired, you had actually configured the TV accordingly?

When on WiFi, what happens if you turn WiFi Optimisation /SMART WiFi OFF in the Hub?  That is one of VM's abominations that screws everything when the hub decides to change your WiFi channel.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Gerrond, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look at our side and everything is looking great your levels are really good.

How has it been over the last few days?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

At present watching all streaming on Firesticks. Basically OK but a few random blackouts and audible clicks. Not “loading” just glitches. I found a newly purchased 4k Firestick would not connect, but was OK when I turned 5GHz off, which is how it stays. I have no idea what band the existing kit was using but obviously it is all on 2G4 now.  Leaving it alone for the time being.

Thank you for you attention.