cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected without internet

Nikkicoulson
Tuning in

For months now my Internet connection disappears. There are apparently no issues with my line but all my devices lose connection. Signal is at full strength but my devices state connected without Internet. How do I resolve this issue. I live in a signal blackspot so I need my Internet to make calls. I just want a working Internet that isn't going to need resetting 50 times a day. 

14 REPLIES 14

Yes wired connections are okay. The xbox is wired otherwise it drops out. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TBH - if that's the case you can solve all your wifi issues forever and sleep more easily - if you invest £40-100 (for an average user/property) on your own better quality wifi equipment.

I did that >20 years ago and never had a single VM wifi issue.

EDIT: My lad is a serious internet gamer who thinks wifi is the work of Satan and should never be used for gaming. Ethernet cabling your devices is always the best way to go, but running cable to his room was problematic. So he uses a pair of Solwise AC1200 powerline adapters. His PC/Xbox/PS3 can now all be "wired" - with short Cat6 cables – back to the wireless router downstairs and he gets a solid 60-70Mbps on our V200 package - he hasn't complained once in years!

Worth considering whether that will work for your house on your mains circuits, the two circuits must go through the same consumer unit/fuse box (most do) and be free of any "noise". You can also add a wifi access point alongside to boost that up there as well. Or some PA’s have built in wifi too - but the price starts to creep up to that of a good basic Mesh system (TP-Link Deco S4/M4)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I don't see why I should have to fork out money because VM equipment is suboptimal though. I cannot even get WiFi sat next to the router at times. I have never know equipment be so rubbish. I cannot wait until the lines are in and I can get other suppliers to my address with a decent speed as I will be leaving VM. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nikkicoulson, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your wifi. I have located your account and checked your power levels and can see there are some issues with your power levels that would require a tech, I will pop you over a PM and we can take a look.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nikkicoulson,

Thank you for messaging with me, glad we could get an engineer booked in.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you want to reschedule or view your appointment time you can do so here, under the Help tab then "Orders and Appointments"

Zoie