cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Hub

PaulPaul3
Joining in

I have no wifi or home phone and desperately need help.

On the 17th of November onwards, our Virgin hub 3.0 started to turn itself on and off again repeatedly. Most of it's time was spent rebooting. A little bit afterwards, it turned off completely and can no longer power on at all. We have been repeatedly told by Virgin that is due to a network fault in our area and will be fixed. 

I could see a network fault causing it to lose signal, but to affect the hardware so much I cannot understand. Speaking to other people affected by this fault, only their TV is affected a bit and their internet is okay mostly. Even other technicians we know believe our hub is at fault. Even still, after many calls, Virgin insists that they cannot reach our hub due to this network fault, and not that our hub cannot physically turn on. The people over the phone cannot answer me when I tell them it is totally unlike the symptoms other people are facing with the network fault, and that it does not turn on at all.

Virgin will simply not listen to us at this point and we are desperate for any help to get them to replace our hub. I have tried every fix I could find online and what Virgin themselves have recommended dozens of times, and nothing has worked. This has been one of the most frustating experiences I have ever had, and Virgin customer service has been downright bizarre at times, one person even asking if I had any visual impairments because I could not see any lights on our hub when it just wasnt on at all.

Our hub has bricked and we need help we have not gotten for weeks now. Anything would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PaulPaul3

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Really sorry to hear of any issues with the hub. Have you got this sorted since posting? If not, please let me know as I've not been able to locate your account with the forum information provided.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill