cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated rebate

Shug3
Joining in

Recently in the Thanet area Virgin had a major outage, around 36 hours no tv or internet

the actual customer communication was absolutely shocking and very poor for virgin who I always considered to be customer centric in all its businesses 

do I have to claim rebates as their information suggests an automated compensation for outages but so far no notice of a reduced bill and other responses suggest having to fight or prove you had an outage

Never had any outage like this with sky and they recently asked if they paid the early termination fees would I come back 

I’m seriously tempted at the moment as virgin have not proved themselves as interested in the customer 

12 REPLIES 12

Faults do happen however the measure of a good company is how they handle it and how they communicate it

Virgin were left wanting in this occasion 

if the fault was so bad or complex it would have been very easy to relate this to people and apologise, this never happened 

surely you accept that customer interaction and information is essential when there is a major outage

@Shug3 wrote:

Faults do happen however the measure of a good company is how they handle it and how they communicate it

Virgin were left wanting in this occasion 

if the fault was so bad or complex it would have been very easy to relate this to people and apologise, this never happened 

surely you accept that customer interaction and information is essential when there is a major outage

There is an outage page and automated phone number that provides updates as and when they are required. That’s your source of communication on outages and area issues.

I would suggest you do indeed get a backup service if online connectivity is imperative for your day to day doings.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@Shug3 wrote:

Shocking that you have to pay for a back up as you can’t rely on virgin and  that you think a day and a half outage is acceptable 

just because it’s residential doesn’t mean that this connection is any less important particularly for anyone isolating

there may not be an sla but to say we need to just accept outages of this magnitude is bizarre

overall very poor crisis comms from virgin and the time of estimated repair changed so much that the updates were meaningless 

poor way to treat their customers not sure why you are willing to accept that

I don't pay, my company allowance does.

Outages happen.