cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you playing at?

StephenMcBNI
Joining in

Been trying to get through on the phone with no luck. Perhaps you can sort this.  Just tried to set up the app.  When I log in, I am taken not to my account, but my motber's.  I live in England.  She lives in Northern Ireland.  Somehow, one of your staff has put my email address onto my mother's account.  Get this sorted out or I cancel my direct debit and close my account.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi StephenMcBNI, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that when trying to log in, it's taking you to your mum's account. 

For this to be the case, it means when your mum set up her My VM account, she entered your email address as the log in address she wanted to use. If you no longer want her using this, she will need to go in to My VM and change her log in address. Once she has done this, it will free up the address to allow you to register for My VM using that address. 

This isn't something we can sort from here since it's the account holder who chooses their email address and nothing to do with staff. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You're wrong.  My mother does nothavw My Virgin Media account set up.  She does not know my email address.  This is clearly a Virgin Media mistake.  Please get this sorted.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply StephenMcBNI and sorry to hear about the issue and that this is not the case we're looking at.

I will be happy to further assist with this, I will need to send you a PM here and have a better look into things for you.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs