cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel engineer appointment

vjkld
Dialled in

I have an engineer appointment booked for tomorrow between 12 and 4pm. I have tried calling and the links sent to me but nothing is showing for an appointment anywhere although it still says I have one booked. I believe the service has been restored with my broadband as there are no issues today. Please cancel the appointment please if possible thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vjkld 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having cancelling the engineer appointment, but it's good to hear the broadband service seems to have been restored.

Have you tried accessing your My Virgin Media account and cancelling the appointment that way? Advice on this can be found here.

If you're still having any problems, we'd suggest contacting our team on 0345 454 1111, or 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile.

Regards,

Daniel

I’ve tried the link it doesn’t show anything to cancel. When I phone I just get a text message sent to me with a link to manage the appointment. Maybe they should have a look and make sure it’s fixed.

Hi @vjkld, thank you for your response.

As it's now within the timeframe, we'd suggest allowing the appointment to go ahead as scheduled.

If you have any further queries, please pop back to us.

Regards,

Daniel

The engineer has been and everything is fine. He gave some advice. I can’t believe how difficult it is to try and cancel an appointment. I know now that there was an outage last week causing internet issues. I’ve learned that I may be better with a wired connection to the 360 box. 
I thought it would be easy to cancel an appointment. I just kept getting loads of text messages about it but unable to do anything when I rang 150 or followed the links just more messages and links that didn’t work. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey vjkld, thanks for keeping the thread updated and for letting us know that the issue is now fixed.

We're glad to see you had some advice from our engineer too, although we're sorry for the inconvenience caused as you were unable cancel it since it was no longer needed.

Please, allow us to explain that you can cancel or change an appointment online up until 4pm on the day before the visit at the latest.

If that time has passed we'd need you to call us at 0345 454 1111 and ask for a cancellation of the visit booked.

More info on our appointments can be found here.

Have you had the same issue before 4pm yesterday when you tried this, if so?

Let us know if this helps and any other questions you may have, happy to advise more.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks I last had the problem on Saturday afternoon then I tried streaming on Sunday and it didn’t happen so I started to try to cancel the appointment. I think it was caused by the outage last week. I’ve rarely had any issues before and I’ve not had an engineer for years to look at anything. I’ve always installed new equipment myself with self install. I’ve been using Virgin broadband since 2005. I posted on here yesterday because of being unable to cancel this was before 4pm I’ll keep a note of the number for anything else thanks 

Hi @vjkld 👋 Thank you for your response.

I'm glad to hear the engineer visit went well and the issue is now fixed 😀 Have a nice day!

Regards,

Daniel