cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel my contract.

Paul_Mac
Joining in

Been trying to cancel my Virgin Media contract which includes everything.

First phoned cancelations team, 20/12/21, gave my 30 days notice, said it was processed but could not give me a disconnection date, but I would received email confirmation within 24hrs.

Realised after the festive period that I'd never received confirmation or any communication to say  when the turn off date was, and now needed to make other arraignments with new provider.

Phoned again,10/01/22, another 40min wait! and spoke to another guy who said my account had not been cancelled, so gave my 30 days notice again and said I would get a confirmation email. I wasn't confident as he seemed quite vague and didn't speak English very well. did not get an email...

I used the online message service to try and find out if this had been cancel, after giving my security details and request I waited nearly 3 hrs then gave up.

Phoned again,17/01.22, another 30min wait!, spoke to a guy called Mark, who told me my account still had not been cancelled and would need to give another 30 days notice! I explained that this was the third time now and why had it not been cancelled on the previous requests...Again he didn't speak great English and was a terrible line with kids screaming in the background, not very professional. He could not give me any explanations and no apologises made. I gave my 30 days notice again and have not received any emails.

Raised a complaint, 17/01.22, response back was:

Your complaint was:
Cable My Contract/Package > I'm trying to Cancel 

And here’s what we agreed:
Customer Experience > Charges not valid

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us.

What does this even mean??

I refuse to phone again!, I don't have the time and just going round in circles. I can see I'm one of many having the same ongoing problems when trying to cancel VM.

Can someone please help me to see if this has been cancelled or not. All I need is confirmation and a disconnection date.

15 REPLIES 15

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @igor34

Thanks for the post and welcome to our community forum, sorry to hear about your issue.

Just to clarify, has the cancellation now been put in place? As for returning the equipment, this is always the case when a disconnection takes place and the equipment does require returning as it would for any other customer. 

The agent you're currently talking to should raise a complaint for you if requested, please keep us updated on this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cancelling...

Yes, it looks as I did cancel the contact, but

no email with a confirmation. Note they promised to send it. 

Another Virgin trick. During WhatsApp chat, Virgin stated: "The final Bill will be none but instead you will receive a prorate refund of X£". However, now I received a bill for an "earlier disconnection charge". The trick was (i) do not inform me about the charge and (ii) select the disconnection date as a day before the month period. I did not pay the attention to the disconnection date and 1 day would make a difference for me. So, another complain and financial service case.

Equipment. In the initial contact, I paid £80 for (i) Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (footnote said: the item included on your package price) and (ii) One-off flexi fee. Therefore, according to the contract, the hub is mine or Virgin misled me. Currently, the complain to Virgin was submitted and regardless the outcome I will submit a financial service case.

About the trick.

I connected via Whatsapp and asked to cancel the bill. They promised to cancel it. Let's see.

Thank you for the update @igor34

In regards to the equipment, the equipment remains our property at all times. You can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/legal/Terms%20and%20Conditions%...

Regarding your final bill, this will depend on when your cancellation was processed. You can find out all you need to know here  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-bill-explainer

Please also keep us updated on your cancellation and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Equipment.

Once more. The contract stated that I paid for the Hub regardless T&C. 

The fact that Virgin Media misleads a customer is not novel one.

Just to clarify @igor34, as seen in the terms and conditions, the equipment remains the property of Virgin Media. After cancellation, all customers return the equipment as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment. You may incur further charges if the equipment is not returned https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team