cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent house move nightmare: Placed on new contract without any authorisation

ec41hw
Tuning in

I recently moved home with Virgin and this ran very smoothly all got set up really easily.

It wasn't until after the move that I noticed that someone had set this up as a new 18 month contract at £59/month. Despite making absolutely no change to the package and with absolutely no consent from me.

I've tried to get customer services to sort this out but it goes into a perpetual loop of 'your account isn't yet activated so we can't do anything'. I really just want to get this sorted as its really getting quite stressful. I've already made a complaint and have been given the standard answer of 'talk to customer services' which has not been at all helpful and wasted several hours of my time. I dont want to have to make a complaint to CISAS but its getting that way.

I should be on a monthly rolling contract as my prior 18 month contract was due to expire in January some time.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ec41hw

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the account was sorted and explanations given about the contract. Normally with a movers one, if more than thirty days left on a contract, they put through the new account as a new offer new deal and do the amendments afterwards. This has been done but fed back as was never explained.

If you do need further assistance in the future, please do pop us a post on here.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ec41hw

Thanks for posting and apologies for the dispute with the account. 

I shall send you a PM so I can assist further with this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ec41hw

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the account was sorted and explanations given about the contract. Normally with a movers one, if more than thirty days left on a contract, they put through the new account as a new offer new deal and do the amendments afterwards. This has been done but fed back as was never explained.

If you do need further assistance in the future, please do pop us a post on here.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team