Did you mean: 

Profile email details different

TM
Dialled in

In my daughters Virgin Media Profile she has the following email details:

Username : daughter_name@outlook.com

Contact Email Address : daughter_name@outlook.com

Virgin Media Mail Address : gibberish@virginmedia.com

Why is the last entry different, and what practical difference does it make? It's not an email address she has ever used and in any case would have no idea how to connect to it to send/receive email.

The reason for asking is that this is part of a bigger problem of disentangling her from a secondary email address on my VM subscription as I'm in the process of leaving VM.

Regards

Tony

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @TM, is this an account that is under your name, or is your daughter the account holder?

If your daughter is the account holder, we'd have to potentially steer on the edge of caution with what information/advice we can offer

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

The problem is with my daughters account. I hope to help her set up a forum account later today so she can be more specific if/when contacted by members of the forum team. There are other complicating factors, which is why (as a father and ex IT professional) I am stepping in to help her disentangle herself from the secondary email on my subscription she has been using for the past 20 years.

At this point I'm just asking a very general question as to whether there is any significance to the email addresses being different. Yes or no will do.

Regards

Tony

Hi @TM,

Thanks for coming back us! Sure, if your daughter sets up her forum account and creates a thread on what she requires help with, we will be more than happy to advise further and share any account specific info after clearing DPA.

Just to clarify though, is your daughter using a secondary email account that is linked to your Virgin Media account and you wish to delete this? If so, you will be able to do this via your online account.

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Yes, my daughter has been using an email address that is a secondary email address on my VM subscription for many years. Amongst many other things, she has been using it to receive her ebills for her VM subscription, but she has changed that now (Profile => Contact Email Address) and will check the next ebill she gets to confirm it has been delivered to her new address.

I don't want to delete the secondary email address, but I know it will disappear at some point after I leave VM later in April. I believe the primary and secondary email accounts will remain active for 90 days after termination date of my VM subscription, so it's important for her to inform all her contacts of her new address before that happens.

Regards

Tony

Hi @TM,

Thanks for expanding. It's correct that it will auto-delete following the disconnection of the account that the email address is connected to. This typically happens within 90 days of disconnection, but it's much better to save/store any essential content and contacts as soon as possible to avoid losing anything important.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!