cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service - left hanging on the phone

matiushu
On our wavelength

Anybody got any idea how I can cancel my virgin media service as I simply cannot get through customer service on the normal customer service line 0345 454 1111 .. just keep being left listening to music .. have to keep repeatedly calling with the same issue...

Pathetic service...

17 REPLIES 17

matiushu
On our wavelength

Despite several calls and WhatsApp cases,  my issue is still ongoing with orders closed without being closed. 

I am tearing my hair out as something that should have taken 2 hours to complete has taken nearly 24 hours over several days and it still hasn't been resolved. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @matiushu

We are really sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Have they been able to explain why the cancelation hasn't been prosed?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

matiushu
On our wavelength

I extended my contract,  but despite multiple calls and WhatsApp,  the service hasn't been activated fully,  yet contract states its started yesterday and I am being charged. The phone starter kit hasn't been delivered as agreed. 

Keep getting conflicting answers..

Unbelievable poor service and honestly feel I am being lied to.

Nobody takes ownership.. to resolve the service.. 2 customer service reps have cut me off deliberately as I think they didn't know how to fix the issue and if it was a genuine disconnection why did they not call back. 

Today I was told that there is a delay in royal mail delivery when the order says its going to be delivered by yodel. Then he wasn't able to tell me where the delay was and he couldn't escalate to ship the kit.. just told to wait until Tuesday and call back if still not delivered.

Yesterday was told there is no such request to deliver the phone starter kit,  then told that VM don't ship starter kits and they would send an engineer to install the service.  I just need a phone adapter !

I have wasted last 4 days of my time to sort this out.. everytime I ask to speak to complaints am told to wait until somebody calls back but nobody does..

Guess at some point I will just give up and leave.. virgin media should be ashamed of your service.. I wonder why your management doesn't sort this out.. do they not read these customer frustrations

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me @matiushu

Ill take a look over all of this for you & arrange for the adaptor to be sent out or see if we need to get an engineer. 

Ill pop you over a PM that you can find in the purple envelope on the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

matiushu
On our wavelength

Hi Zak_M

Sent details via PM.

Please confirm if you can arrange to send me the phone starter kit.  Think I just need the phone adapter to plug into the hub 3 

matiushu
On our wavelength

I have tried customer service several times.  Each rep tells me they have escalated and the kit will be shipped the next day and wait for text for delivery. 

Nothing arrives.  So I call next day to find out that the pervious agent hasn't done anything 

matiushu
On our wavelength

The saga continues.. just hope this VM contact Zak_M can resolve this for me as trying to get anybody to pick this issue up to completion in the customer rep team is turning out to be a nightmare.

I am paying VM for a service that I haven't got and paying my older provider for the same service as I cannot terminate it.

Crazy ... 

matiushu
On our wavelength

Hi,

Just trying to find out if Steven_L or Zak_M are on shift today.. have sent them a PM regarding my number port that was happening today.

Hoping the below can be sorted and if one of them can come back to me please.

It seems like a partial port of my old plusnet number to virgin media has taken place. 

I can dial out from virgin media phone as my original-plusnet-number, but if I call the original-plusnet-number it goes to the plusnet phone. 

Calling the temporary virgin media landline number says I am "dialing an incorrect number"