cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New package was not requested.

MrMacT
Tuning in

I have just received an email from Virgin Media advising me of an upgraded package that I did not request. My monthly cost will rise by £23.75 also. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the best solution to keep my existing package as it is. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If forum staff aren't going to sort it out, then see if the telephone customer services can quickly and promptly sort it out.  If they can't get it sorted in less than 20 minutes of your time, abandon that and raise a formal complaint using the form in My Virgin Media, get the complaints people to sort it out. 

If the complaints team don't then you'll get a fob-off "resolution", probably quite quickly, you reply to that rejecting it, asking for a "deadlock letter".  When you get the deadlock letter you escalate the matter to CISAS, asking for compensation for the unasked for contract change, and ineffectual complaint handling, along with refund of any wrongly collected charges.  You'd not get a huge sum in compensation (maybe £50-70?) but still that's money in your pocket, not theirs.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrMacT,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to assist with a package change over the Forums. This would be directly with our Customer Services Team on 0345 454 1111 - they will be able to investigate the change and assist in getting this corrected.

Was the email directly stating an Upgraded Package, or was it titled as an "End of Contract Notification"?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, many thanks for your reply. This is a snapshot of the email I received. I did not request this change.

Your new package now includes:

TV: Maxit TV - Virgin TV 360 box
Broadband: M200 Fibre Broadband

We've removed:

Broadband: M100 Fibre Broadband

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If forum staff aren't going to sort it out, then see if the telephone customer services can quickly and promptly sort it out.  If they can't get it sorted in less than 20 minutes of your time, abandon that and raise a formal complaint using the form in My Virgin Media, get the complaints people to sort it out. 

If the complaints team don't then you'll get a fob-off "resolution", probably quite quickly, you reply to that rejecting it, asking for a "deadlock letter".  When you get the deadlock letter you escalate the matter to CISAS, asking for compensation for the unasked for contract change, and ineffectual complaint handling, along with refund of any wrongly collected charges.  You'd not get a huge sum in compensation (maybe £50-70?) but still that's money in your pocket, not theirs.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrMacT,

Thanks for providing me with that information. It does seem like a package change rather than an End of Contract notification. If you haven't made any changes on the website, phone, Live Chat, etc. then you would need to contact our Care Team on 0345 454 1111. We're unable to assist with package changes via the forums.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

HI MrMacT, as my colleague has already stated, thanks for confirming your issue and some of the details.

I would like to help you raise a complaint.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for your reply Andrew, appreciated.

Hi MrMacT, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R